The Clinic has online video-conference capacity via Telehealth. This is a user-friendly, efficient and evidence-based option to receive psychiatric care.
Telehealth consultations require a private, quiet space and fast, reliable internet connection. You will need a computer or tablet, with a microphone, webcam and Skype software. In many rural and remote locations, your GP or local hospital has the capacity to set this up for you. Your GP or family member is welcome to attend the consultation.
You can read about this at RANZCP Telehealth.
Telehealth may be a suitable option for patients who are:
- resident in rural, remote or outer metropolitan areas
- physically unwell or have disabilities
- prefer their home environment
- can not attend frequently or want to avoid missing work
- wish for a discrete consultation
- when only online appointments are available.
Melville Clinic offers Telehealth consultations to:
- All interested patients with the correct equipment at home.
- Rural and remote patients – have additional eligibility.